Are you a carer?
If you provide unpaid help or support to a relative, partner, friend or neighbour who could not manage without you, then you are a carer.
Recognising you are a carer can be the first step to getting the help and support you may need in your caring role.
Firstly, we recommend to patients that are carers of any age to inform your GP as soon as possible. Support is available throughout the life course for carers from 5 years upwards.
Your GP practice will do their best to be flexible with appointment times to accommodate your caring situation. They can also provide health checks to make sure you are fit and healthy and not neglecting your own health because of your caring duties, which is sadly all too common.
Whilst caring for a loved one can be rewarding, we also understand the many challenges that being a carer can bring. However, there is advice and support available so we recommend you register with your local Carers’ Centre, Carers Trust Hillingdon who is a national Network Partner of Carers Trust, an organisation that brings together carers services from across the UK.
Carers Trust Hillingdon
Carers Trust Hillingdon can offer:
- High Street Advice Centre opposite Tesco in Uxbridge
- Expert Welfare Benefit advice and help to claim carer-related benefit entitlements. This service is also offered in Urdu, Punjabi and Hindi
- Training for carers in some of the skills needed to care, but also for personal interests too. We know time for you is critical for your continued health and wellbeing
- Book clubs, hobby groups, painting and craft groups and IT support sessions
- Social opportunities, Carer Cafes across the borough and peer support groups
- 1:1 emotional support, counselling and psychotherapeutic support groups
- A programme of health and wellbeing activities including yoga, chair exercise, alternative therapies, mindfulness, regular Health MOT and Pamper days
- Specialist mental health and dementia support
- Help for young carers of all ages, including Clubs, school holiday activities, trips, weekends away, arts and sports activities and supported transition from school for 16-25 year old young adult carers
- Assistance in accessing care and support or referral to other services
Please note that all services offered by Carers Trust Hillingdon are free of charge
All you need to do to register is either pick up the phone and call the team on 01895 811206
Or for more information please visit the website where you can complete an online registration form if you prefer
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.